Rash of multiple red circles on upper thigh / groin area (pics)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

5760294?1275778822
Hey,

Not sure exactly how this site works, so please let me know if i have done something wrong in adding pictures.  However i did use photoshop to censor anything that would be offensive.  

So my symptoms are this:

- Small red circles appeared in my upper thigh / groin region (almost all of them being on the thigh side of the thigh / groin crease).  I noticed them about a month ago, but they do not itch, or present any problem other than visually.  

- I have not been sexually active with anyone for the last month an a half, and the last person i was active with was my girlfriend who has been my only sexual partner for the last four years.  And each of us has never had anything like this pop up before.  

- Only variables that i can think of that might have caused it would be that i started to do my laundry in a large collective laundry room of a college housing apartment building.  Perhaps something can be transferred this way?

- Another variable is i recently started taking Zyrtec D for my allergies, and i have been on Aderall for my ADD the last two months.  

- Also i chose to post this today because the rash kind of goes up and down in terms of how easy it is to see.  Today was a pretty hot day, and i was working up on a roof, getting a bit sweaty, so im not sure if that contributed to it being easier to notice ( perhaps if its a fungus of some sort the heat and sweat would help it grow / present more?), but in any case i took some pictures to help with the diagnosis:

Rash LL 1 = left leg 1  - as the rash would appear from my POV to the naked eye

Rash LL 2 = left lefg 2   - scratched the rash a bit to show that it presents dry skin when i run my fingernail over it.  Discovered this just out of curiosity and playing with the skin, it actually doesnt feel dry or itchy or anything.  

Rash RL 1 = right leg 1   - as the rash would appear from my POV

Rash RL 2 = right leg 2   - scratched to show dry skin, not sure if that one dark spot is a mole or a symptom of the rash, but im leaning towards mole.  Also, if i pull my skin a bit and look at the red circles from a view parallel to my skin, it looks like they might be ever so slightly raised up off the skin level.

Oh, looks like i can only include one photo, so ill include RashRL2, as it displays the worst of the rash.  

Please let me know if you need any more information.  Thanks so much!
  • groin rash (1 replies):
    I have had a rash on both legs for about three weeks tha...[more]
  • Rash (1 replies):
    I have got a Circle about 1.5cm wide but the circle is m...[more]
  • itch please help (1 replies):
    Hi, about 6 months ago, I got an itchy rash on my inner ...[more]
  • itch (1 replies):
  • Rash (1 replies):
    I have a slightly raised rash on several parts of my bod...[more]
Anyone have any idea what it might be?  
Since the rash has been present for a month and it is a non itchy rash, hence possibility of it being due to ringworm is rare . It can be due to dermatitis skin, sweat dermatitis, psoriasis or granuloma annaulre. Granuloma annulare consists of reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring which are itchy. Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed. Psoriasis is a long-term (chronic) skin problem that causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.