Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash on Bottom

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rash on Bottom

I have had a rash on my butt for an extended period.  I am rather hairy on my butt and felt maybe it is a heat rash.  I sit most of the day in a chair behind a desk.  It seems it has gotten worse as I get older.  I am 47.  I have tried using Gold Bond powder and today tired cream.  The power may help a little.  It never itches, and is reddish and occasionally and a few pimples (like acne).  Could it be a fungus?  It is not limited to butt, occasionally on upper back of thigh, hip.  I was tested for herpes several years ago and was negative.  Haven
It does not sound anything like herpes or fungus.  Pimples on the buttocks are rather common, and may be aggravated by heat, friction, and so on.  I suggest you wash daily with an antibacterial cleanser (Dial, Hibiclens), and show a doctor so you'll know for sure.  In many such cases, it isn't even worth treating the rash, since doing so is more trouble than the modest effectiveness is worth.  Go find out.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, RASH ON BOTTOM was started.