Rash on Chin
I have a rash on my chin that has been present for as long as I can remember. It is always present either in the form of slightly rasied red areas (at its best) and when flarred it is very itchy inflammed red areas with many many whiteheads sitting on top of the swollen red areas (worst). The rash is presnt mainly on my chin and runs up around the edges of my mouth to the folds under my nostrils. I have seen many dermatologists in the past years with no success in identifying this rash. I have used clindamycin, bactrim, protopic, solodyn and other meds with no permanent results. The bactrim helped the most and seemed to clear the rash up, but now my system is used to it and the rash is back and doesn't respond to the bactrim. Any ideas to what this rash is? Fungal perhaps?
The symptoms are suggestive of perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It appears around the nose, chin, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

If the symptoms are severe then oral antibiotics like tetracyclines are the treatment of choice.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.