Rash on Chin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on Chin

5774425?1276109222
I have a rash on my chin that has been present for as long as I can remember. It is always present either in the form of slightly rasied red areas (at its best) and when flarred it is very itchy inflammed red areas with many many whiteheads sitting on top of the swollen red areas (worst). The rash is presnt mainly on my chin and runs up around the edges of my mouth to the folds under my nostrils. I have seen many dermatologists in the past years with no success in identifying this rash. I have used clindamycin, bactrim, protopic, solodyn and other meds with no permanent results. The bactrim helped the most and seemed to clear the rash up, but now my system is used to it and the rash is back and doesn't respond to the bactrim. Any ideas to what this rash is? Fungal perhaps?
Tags: chin, rash, fungus
  • Chin Rash (1 replies):
    I had a few pimples on my chin about 2 months ago, which...[more]
  • Chin Rash (2 replies):
    I have a rash in my chin that doesn't itch but it is loc...[more]
  • Mysterious Rash (1 replies):
    I have this weird rash around my mouth that is like a Cl...[more]
  • Rash on Face (1 replies):
    I've dealt with Eczema for most of my life, so I know ho...[more]
  • skin rash (1 replies):
    im 18 years old and for the past couple months ive been ...[more]
The symptoms are suggestive of perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It appears around the nose, chin, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

If the symptoms are severe then oral antibiotics like tetracyclines are the treatment of choice.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.