Rash on Hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on Hands

About eight mouths ago in September. I started getting these clear bumps on my index fingers on my right hand that were very itchy. It was on top of the finger as well as in between that one finger. When I scratch the bumps clear liquid came out. It was still itchy. After a day or two it will became dry and cracked and they will burn. The skin would soon peel off. It would almost heal and then the itchy bumps would come back, but this time it was on more fingers, and even the palm. It would go though the cycle and then come back. I thought maybe I was allergy to something, but I tried to figure it out and it would always come back. I know when I wear gloves at work like latex gloves it does irritated more and so does when I take a hot shower. I've tried Anti-itch creams and baths and it only help for a short period of time. At night when I sleep it is hard not to keep myself form itching. I also need to tell you I do have sensitive skin I can't have nickel touching my skin or I'll back out in a rash, necklaces, earrings, belts, rings anything.

Can you please help!  

Thanks!
It sounds like pompholyx or dyshidrotic eczema. Pompholyx primarily involves the hands and fingers and then may involve the feet. The first stage is acute and presents as itchy blisters on the hands, fingers and toes. Then the chronic stage shows more peeling, cracking, or crusting. Then the skin heals up, or the blistering may start again. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons.
Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

Topical steroids can be applied but they are available under prescription. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics may be needed. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.