Rash on Joints
I too have had rashes on my joints for years.  I have mentioned it to doctors at times and they never have any idea.  I guess that is usually what happens to me when I go to the doctor, I am always a mystery.  I get bumps on my knuckles, elbows and sometimes my knees or wrists.  It have just learned to live with it and generally doesn't bother me to much but I have always wondered why just my joints.  Let me know if you ever find anything out.
Thanks,

~Dan

This discussion is related to Rash on finger joints and elbows.

Nothing can be said with surety without a clinical examination and it would be best that you fix an appointment and get a bone and joint specialist review at the earliest.

Youw ould need to rule out rheumatoid arthritis amongst one of the probable causes.

Till then you could keep the sites clean, apply calamine lotion at the sites, take oral anti-histamine medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

Do not scratch or burst the lesions.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.

I too have the same problems. I get reashes on my finger joints and toes and sometimes on my elbows. They use to disappear suddenly. I use to get it 2-3 times a year peroidically. I wonder why only on the bone joints. I do not have pain and sometimes they are itchy.. Can anyone of you please help on identifying the cause and what exactly  it is all about..

Thanks in advance
Hi Dan,
I too have had this problem with rashes on my joints.  My ankles are by far the worse, they hurt, burn, and itch!  I went to see my doctor (GP) and he told me he had never seen anything like this before.  My outbreaks occur generally during the summer months.  My GP prescribed a cortisone cream and it works like magic, within a day or two, the swelling decreases and the pain stops.  I'm not sure if that will work for you, but it worked for me and definitely ask your doctor about it.
~Kayla