Rash on Knees, Elbows, knuckles of hands
My son had tiny raised bumps on knees, elbows; knuckles of hands when he was about 3 years old....these things just appeared suddenly and were diagnosed as flat warts by a dermatologist back then.  I have looked online now and see that they were probably not flat warts as they look very different from any pics online of flat warts.  I was reading where another lady says her child has the same thing and she is wondering what it is.  Now that I don't think my son's were flat warts I am letting people know that the type she is describing is exactly what my son had and we have no idea what it really was.....they "warts" did not itch or anything and did not blister...they eventually smoothed out and were lighter than the rest of his skin when they flattened all the way out.  Now he is 20 - just released from hospital 1 week ago...3 weeks prior he was coughing and was diagnosed with bronchitis twice before a third visit to the ER where a Dr did a chest x-ray and found his heart enlarged....he has heart failure and once he was admitted the doctors were trying to figure out what caused it.  They say they believe he must have had some condition prior because the damage looks like something that has happened over a period of time...he has never been seriously sick before except when he had a staph infection when he was 2 yrs old.  They ran all kinds of test and never could figure out what caused the condition because he does not have any valve problems or anything.  So I am now wondering about those "flat warts".  Could that have been something else?  He has a follow up with a cardio... and I am writing down all the illnesses he has had that I can remember in an effort to try to figure out exactly what happened with him, but the thought of those warts came to mind and I decided to look up flat warts.  Any ideas?  If not - keep an eye out for this type thing in people where the "flat warts" are kind of regionalized not spread out all over. (i.e., only on knuckles of hands not on other skin on back of hands and only on knees not on legs at all, only on elbows not on arms at all).

This discussion is related to 2 yr. old with reoccuring rash on knees, elbows and knuckles.
My daughter exhibited the same symptoms on knees, knuckles, and elbows plus a rash in the face and was diagnosed with Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM) and must be treated immediately to prevent muscle damage.