Rash on Legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on Legs

A week and a half ago I had an insect bite on my right big toe and a few days later was stung by a jellyfish on the back of my left knee. The insect bite caused blisters around the site of the bite which eventually burst and appear to be healing. The jellyfish sting was painful and itchy,then oozed a lot, and is now drying out and fading. The question I have is what are some possible reasons I could be having additional rash continuing to spread on both legs? The newer rash ranges between looking like the red, raised lines of the jellyfish sting and smaller, singular red bumps. It is in a bout 5 different spots including both legs and my groin. The lymph nodes in my groin have also felt enlarged this whole time, as my body has been fighting all this off. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!
From the symptoms it looks like allergic reaction to the jelly fish bite but from the symptom of swollen lymph nodes, the possibility of any superimposed bacterial infection or cellulitis needs to be ruled out. It usually follows a break in the skin, such as a fissure, cut, laceration, insect bite, or puncture wound.

Blood culture sensitivity is often done to find out the causative pathogen and its sensitivity to various antibiotics. If it is MRSA, then antibiotics other than amoxycillin can be prescribed depending upon the blood culture report.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your help, Dr. Bhupinder. It must have been an allergic reaction, as it went away on its own over the course of two weeks. If there was any additional infection, my body fought it off without medication. Thanks again for taking the time to address my problem, I truly appreciate it!