Rash on Shoulder

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on Shoulder

About 2 weeks ago I had a rash that I thought was a cluster of 3 mosquito bites forming a triangle. A few days later I had a sore throat/ headcold. I have been better for about a week when yesterday I noticed another cluster on the same shoulder, so it must be a rash. Again, it looks like 3 round spots forming a triangle and it itches. The whole thing is smaller than a dime. Not sure if I need a doctor, dermatologist or if it should go away on its own.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This may be insect bites .Have you checked your linens, beddings and cabinets for any mites or bugs which could have caused this?

The first time this occured, did the rash resolve spontaneously? You may apply some antimicrobial cream on the area just to see if this will help hasten resolution. If headaches, fever and pain occur, then I suggest that you seek prompt consult with your physician.

Is the rash itchy?

Is there pain?

Is there any warmth or redness in the area near the spots?
I have three itchy, raised bumps in the form of a triangle on my shoulder. I sprained my left shoulder about two weeks ago and was putting "Icey-Hot" on it off and on to relieve pain. I then began to notice a spot on my shoulder that was itchy and figured that it was a reaction to the Icey-Hot, so I stopped using it. A few days ago, I discovered three raised, red bumps in the form of a triangle right in the same spot, and they're itchy. It is the strangest thing I have ever seen. I've never had anything that looks like this before, so I am baffled as to what might have caused this. I've been putting cortisone ointment on the area to relieve the itching, but I haven't noticed any changes in the bumps. I feel fine otherwise, but I'd like to know what this is and perhaps if anyone else has had anything similar. I am a 64 year old male and in relatively good health.