Rash on back & front only

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on back & front only

I took my 15yr old to the dr. last week because he had red bumps on his back & front torso only. We at first thought chicken pox, but the doctor said "No". The doctor did tell us what he did NOT have, shingles, chicken pox, measles, hair folicles. They do have the characteristics of chicken pox to me, but he DOES NOT itch & it is only on the upper torso, nowhere else. The doctor did show me through some medical gadget that some had pus inside of them. The PCP is referring us to a dermatologist to find out, the rash does not bother my son in anyway, except he has these red dots all over him.

I was just curious if anyone may have an opinion.
From the symptoms it looks like a bacterial infection like folliculitis or viral one like mollucsum contagiosum. Molluscum are multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug. It is a contagious infection which is found mainly in children. Folliculitis is a bacterial infection and to confirm the diagnosis, you can send the pus from the bumps for pus culture sensitivity to identify the bacterial infection if any. If it is bacterial infection, then you may need oral and topical antibiotics.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.