Rash on back

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on back

I have a rash on my back. It keeps recurring in the same spot. It isn't red. It is a little darker then my skin color and it itches too. It's below my bra clasp, so I know it isn't my bra irritating it. It’s been going on about a year. I don’t have it anywhere else just in that one spot. If anyone knows anything about this I would really appreciate any information you have. I haven’t gone to the doctors yet. I really don’t know if it is that serious. I don’t have insurance so I don’t want to waste money. It’s just very aggravating. Maybe there is something I could put on it to make it go away. I have used cortisone cream with no luck.
Since you have had this itchy rash for such a long time, so it can be contact dermatitis or eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide). Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.