Aa
A
A
Close
Rash on cheeks?
Hi.

I'm a 16 year old girl with mild facial, and recently neck, acne. I have been breaking out more and more on the right side of my neck, and needed to up my treatment. I ran out of my basic cleanser 5 days ago and switched to a new, highly reviewed one: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleaner. I also bought a new bottle of foundation and began to use that. I also began tetracycline (but I've only taken 2 doses) and have used Clindamycin Phosphate twice as well. A few days prior to all this, I began to get a red, lumpy, spotty rash on both cheeks. It was gotten progressively worse. It is a little itchy but mostly just tight feeling. I have no idea what it is, and I've never had something like this before. It doesn't really look like acne, more just like slightly raised red blurry spots.

I was wondering is it actually a rash or just acne (which seems unlikely because it looks nothing like acne, and isn't where I usually break out)? What caused it? How should I treat it and prevent it from happening again?

Thanks you so so much!!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1340994 tn?1374197577
I suppose it might be rosacea.  seeing a dermatologist would be wise.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources