Dermatology Community
Rash on chin for about 2 months now pic included: red bumps and dry sk...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Rash on chin for about 2 months now pic included: red bumps and dry skin

I'm a 29 yr old Female. I have very white, sensitive skin.  I have had a red rash on my chin for about 2 months now and it has not gone away.  i used diasorane on it and it didn't do anything really.  it kinda faded but then it came back.  when i cover it with make up it looks really gross: the skin looks dry and patchy.

I use ortho tricyclin lo and no other medication

I wear make up daily because my skin is very white, red, blotchy, and i have big pores.  I wear mac foundation.

the red bumps do not have white heads or black heads, they do not itch and they do not hurt

please help me i have had the worst skin ever i just want to be normal
Related Discussions
  • dermatitis (1 replies):
    need someone to help me out. Can roaccutane cure periora...[more]
  • Chin Rash (1 replies):
    I had a few pimples on my chin about 2 months ago, which...[more]
  • Chin Rash (2 replies):
    I have a rash in my chin that doesn't itch but it is loc...[more]
  • skin rash (1 replies):
    im 18 years old and for the past couple months ive been ...[more]
  • Rash on chin? (1 replies):
    I have this dry, bumpy rash on my chin to the right of m...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
563773 tn?1374250139
From the symptoms it looks like perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis.

Discontinue applying all face creams including topical steroids, cosmetics and sunscreens. Wash the face with warm water alone while the rash is present. When it has cleared up, use a non-soap bar or liquid cleanser.  Your doctor or dermatologist may also prescribe a course of oral antibiotics for six to twelve weeks. Normally tetracycline or one of its derivatives is recommended.

I would suggest you to get an examination done from a dermatologist and the diagnosis confirmed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar n tn
My rash still continues but it lessens and worsens.  I have had some white heads lately but they seem to be filled with something different than regular pimple type pus.  Not sure what that's about.
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources