Rash on chin?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on chin?

I have this dry, bumpy rash on my chin to the right of my mouth. it doesn't connect to my mouth or any other areas. It doesn't itch or burn. They are just dry red bumps and no matter how much i moisturize, it won't go away. i have normally oily skin on my face which causes me to break out sometimes and i originally though that was what this rash is, but I've had it for over a month an  it doesn't seem to get better or worse. It gets flaky sometimes. It's hard to cover up with makeup. There are no pustules or zit looking bumps, just red mounds on my face that are dry. I'd like to know what it could possibly be and how to take care of it without seeing a Dr. I am uninsured at this point and would like a "home remedy" if you will, for dealing with this skin issue.
  • Chin Rash (1 replies):
    I had a few pimples on my chin about 2 months ago, which...[more]
  • Rash on Face (1 replies):
    I have had this rash for about 6 months. Its red and is ...[more]
  • Chin Rash (2 replies):
    I have a rash in my chin that doesn't itch but it is loc...[more]
  • skin rash (1 replies):
    im 18 years old and for the past couple months ive been ...[more]
  • Perioral Dermatitis (1 replies):
    What is Periuoral Dermatitis?
One possibility for such type of rash is perioral dermatitis. The second possibility is of contact dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

If the symptoms persist then you may need topical and oral antibiotics. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.