Rash on eyelids

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on eyelids

I have a rash that occurs on my eyelids, the only thing that helps is cutivate cream.  The rash is red with white bumps.  I have had it for over three years and the cutivate will get rid of it for about two or three days but it colmes back.  Please   help.
Tags: eyelids
This could be due to Blepharitis which  is inflammation of the eyelids. It is characterized by inflammation of the eyelid margins.
The causes are seborrheic dermatitis (similar to dandruff) and occasional infection by Staphylococcus bacteria.

Foolow this important treatment principle as a daily routine of lid margin hygiene:
- Apply a warm wet compress to the lids - such as a washcloth with hot water - for about 2 minutes.
-Use facial soap or non-burning baby shampoo (make sure to dilute the soap solution 1/10 with water first). Gently and repeatedly rub along the lid margins while eyes are closed.
-After lid margin cleaning, spread small amount of prescription antibiotic ophthalmic ointment with finger tip along lid fissure while eyes closed. Use prior to bed time as opposed to in the morning to avoid blurry vision.

Dermatologists treat blepharitis similarly to seborrheic dermatitis by using safe topical anti-inflammatory medication like sulfacetamide or brief courses of a mild topical steroid,
which  is the medication you are using.

You can reduce the frequency of recurrence with the lid-cleaning routine.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharitis