Rash on face...
Hi Dr

Ive been using steroid cream (elocon cream) on my face for a long now because of recurrent eczema i never knew you have to wean off them and not stop straight away, anyways now thats alot better since ive weaned off, but since then ive developed this bad reaction as soon eat something with the slightest spice or if i get under pressure or abit hot i develop this bad rash really red and blotchy on all my forehead and abit of my cheeks then when i wash with really cold water it fades away after half an hour, what could this be its getting really bad, i got a appointment with a dermatologist next month could you give me any advise for now?

Kind Regards
Tpical steroids when used for a long period of time is notorious for causing unwanted side effects like thinning of skin , steroid induced rosacea, skin atrophy, telangiectasias etc. Steroid induced rosacea or dermatitis is an adverse effects of using steroids. Some patients develop steroid-induced rosacea within weeks of applying a topical steroid; others may not experience it for years.
Avoiding rosacea triggers, such as caffeine, spicy foods, and alcohol, also may help clear the skin. Also use of antibiotic creams, antihistaminics, sun screens and tacrolimus(available by prescription) helps but consultation of a dermatologist is required first.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.