Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash on foreskin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rash on foreskin

I've had rash(red,no blisters,looks like a burn) on foreskin for about 5 weeks.No pain when I urinate and no discharge. It seem to get worse after a had sex about 2 weeks ago. And seemed to had spread from foreskin and is now on the top part of shaft.No pain just alittle soreness at times. I'm cornerned about STD's. Haven't had unprotected sex except oral. I have no other health issues. Any ideas? Will see a doctor if doesn't get better soon. Thanks
It sounds like irritation, not an STD.  This looks worse after sex, because friction causes rubbing, but it only looks more noticeable--it isn't really worse.  Hydrocortisone is the right idea, but after it's worked the skin looks redder for a while.  That's what I think you're describing.  If you wait it out, the redness should go away.  You should lubricate well before and after sex.  If the rash persists and bother you, show it to a doctor next time you go.

take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Forget to mention was treating it with over the counter  1% hydrocortisone cream and seem to get better (took the reddness away) but then seemed to get worse.
Redness is still there after 6-7 weeks. What would cause that area of the penis to get red and irritated and than look better within 1 hour or so? Why would it last so long? Thanks....