Rash on hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on hands

I am a 27 year old healthy white male. I have developed a serious rash of raised, slightly itchy bumps all over my fingers. I have a few of these pimply looking bumbs on my wrists and arms but the majority of the rash is on my fingers and thumbs. I have rule out almost all simple causes such as poisonous plants and reaction to soaps/detergents/creams etc. Days before the rash appeared I got fairly seriously sun burnt on my entire back. I'm not sure if this is connected but last year my brother had a similar rash on fingers and hands after being sunburnt as well.   Any idea if these are connected and what can be done.  I'm going to see a doctor today.
The pathological reaction that takes place on your skin due to foreign particles is considered as allergy rash.

As all of us have different skin types, the immune system also varies from person to person and so also its response to various allergens. Allergies are a misdirected immune response of our bodies to harmless substances but which the body considers harmful.
Some times, these resonses are pertain to the outer surface of the skin and they are known as allergy rashes.

Among the common triggers are exposure to the sun, apart from food, medications and cosmetics.
If you have sensitive skin, then exposing  your skin to the sun for long time can cause the rash as the harmful ultra violet rays of sun can be allergenic to your skin.

Since you have noticed the co-relation with the sunburn, it is in all probability due to the sun. Treatment is with anti-histamines like Cetrizine/Loratidine.
Application of Calamine lotion can soothe the itch asssociated with the rash.

ref:http://www.allergyasthmazone.com/allergy/factors-that-can-contribute-to-allergy-rash/

Thank you very much for the quick reply.  I am also a science teacher and this stuff really facinates me.  Although the rash is very embarrasing and painful I find it a little neat. The question I still have is.. Why if I get burnt on my back and arms does the rash stick primarily to my hands and then just a few spots up my arms.  It just seems so random.  I know you explained how each person is different and what not.  The rash is even trying to come through on the palms of my hands which received almost no sun at all. As a scientifici person it doesn't make sense to me that too much sun in one location of the body creates a rash in another part. I am an Earth/Space science major so my understanding of biological functions is limited.