Rash on hip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on hip

I have a small rash that goes along my right hip bone. There is another small spot on my hip. It is below my belt line. It doesn't really itch but it is blistering and I'm experiencing a small amount of pain. I have no clue what it could be because it isn't anywhere near my genital area and it isn't spreading or anything. It is only on one side. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You have not mentioned when the rash appeared. If it has appeared recently then from the area shingles has to be ruled out. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed as treatment is diagnosis specific.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.