Aa
A
A
Close
Rash on inner thigh - Picture included
Hi

If someone can please help me it would be very very much apperciated. I have had this rash on my inner thighs for a couple of years now - it was a brown flaky discoloration but never bothered me too much because it didnt itch at all , i have never applied any sort of anti-fungal to it so im thinking to maybe go and try apply lamisil . It recently (summer now) has turned a much brighter red color and just generally looks a lot worse , again this is not at all itchy and it hasnt exaclty spread it seems to have stayed in the same place all along but now the color is brighter - does someone know what it is and will anit-fungal probably clear it up , i have posted some photos to show maybe it will aid.The feeling when i run my hand across it is pretty smooth compared to the rest of the skin in the area.

Thanks So much
Joe
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
While the first impression is of fungus,the fact that there is no itching and the PIC as a spotter would give me a diagnosis of erythrasma caused by a bacteria,and well treated by antibiotic cremes.Do get a confirmation.Diabetics have a higher incidence of erythrasma.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
and is there any non prescription cream I can use as an antibiotic cream or do I need to go get this confirmed by a doctor and get a perscription , because I know anti-fungal creams can be purchased over the counter . Strange though Im not a diabetic , and is there any chance that having leaving it untreated for quite a while as I have that I have done any sort of bigger damage ?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Try canesten creme,would possily cover both.Not needed to be a diabetic to have erythrasma.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577