Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash on inner thigh?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rash on inner thigh?

I keep on getting rash like things on my inner thighs (total of 4 times over the past 2 years). I went to the doctors and he said it was a fungus and gave me a cream. I was worried it was herpes but he said it definitely wasn't after visually examing but didn't give me a test. Also, the first time i got it I hadn't had sex for 6 months if that helps and it tends to show up randomly. It doesn't itch and I cant even feel its there. It's also not raised and they never break open. I tend to get it on both thighs at once though varying on how many "dots" show up. It tends to take around 2 weeks to go away and most creams haven't helped. Also, it arose this time after wearing tight boxer briefs for 2 days straight. Any recommendations on what it might be? I have a new girlfriend and wouldn't want to give her anything. Could it be an STD since its recurring? Here are some pics of what it looks like:

Pic of Leg:
http://www.geocities.com/carrwash/leg1.jpg

Closer up pics:
http://www.geocities.com/carrwash/leg12.jpg

Even Closer:
http://www.geocities.com/carrwash/leg13.jpg
Nice pictures.

My best guess is folliculitis, blocked pores, mostly from sweating.  These do not look like herpes, and certainly not a fungus.  Most of the time I see this, which is often, I don;t bother treating it, because it isn't important and goes away.  Try looser-fitting clothing and applying bacitracin when they come.  

Please see a dermatologist in person to corroborate these impressions.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
IVE READ ALOT OF THE POST AND NEARLY EVERY ANSWER WAS "THAT DOESNT LOOK LIKE HERPES... " OR "THAT DOESNT SOUND LIKE HERPES..." SO IM JUST WONDERING WHAT IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE. BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THE PICTURES ONLINE ARE JUST EXTREME CASES AND IF YOU GO BY THEM TO DIAGNOSE YOURSELF THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD BE SURE THEY DONT HAVE IT.
I HAVE TINGLING . AND A POSSIBLE DISCHARGE. (IM NOT SURE BECAUSE IVE NOTICED IN THE PAST WHEN IVE FOCUSED ON MY VAGINA ID DISCHARGE- SO IM NOT SURE IF I COULD ADD THAT AS A SYMPTOM) I HAVE WHAT LOOKS LIKE A MINIATURE  HIVES. NOT CLEAR ENOUGHT TO SEEE UNLESS YOU'RE OBSESSING- AND HOLDING A MIRROR UP TO IT IN THE LIGHT. ITS A LINE OF HIVES ON THE OUTSIDE OF MY OUTER LIPS.  SAME COLOR AS ITS BACKGROUND. ANDD IN THE INSIDE NEAR MY HOLE I SAW LIKE 2 OR 3 MOSQUITO BITE BUMPS. NO PUS OR WHITENESS SCARRING OR FLAKING. AND THERE ARE NO SORES, LESIONS ETC. AND NO OTHER SYMPTOMS LIKE THIS OR ANYOTHER ANYWHERE ELSE EXCEPT MY OUTER VAGINA AND VAGINA HOLE. IT ITCHED AT THE BEGINNING THEN I SHAVED AND HAVENT HAD A ITCH. I HAVE A TINGLE ON THE INSIDE ONLY WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT.
I WONDER IF THERE'S ANYTHINGELSE THIS COULD BE. I'VE NEVER HAD SEX BUT I WAS GIVEN ORAL. IM FEMALE OFCOURSE. AND THIS IS ALL VERY RECENT. ITS BEEN A WEEK. MAYBE A LITTLE BIT MORE.
A related discussion, Was I Misdiagnosed With Herpes? was started.
A related discussion, rash on inner thighs was started.
A related discussion, different color spots was started.