Rash on legs at night
I have had a somewhat kind of rash or bites on my legs for the last month. The strange is that the rash only apears at night or is mostly itchy at around 1 or 2 a.m. It is so intense it wakes me out of a deep sleep. I am married and my husband had itchy ankles before I started with my symptoms. His rash (which did not look like my rash) and itching has since stopped. I've been to the dermatologist but he did not take a scraping since the spots were not juicy (ughhh!) The strange thing is they seem to become inflamed in the middle of the night. Could this be scabies? He seems to think it may be some kind of allergy. Does everyone have the same kind of rash or bite marks with scabies? I dont know what to do since they are dormant throughout the day and are only juicy at night. How can I get this properly diagnosed?

Scabies usually presents as small red bumps and blisters that may be found  between the fingers, the wrists and the backs of the elbows, the knees, around the waist and umbilicus, the axillary folds, the areas around the nipples, the sides and backs of the feet, the genital area, and the buttocks. There is also the presence of "burrow" or tiny threadlike projections, which are often mistaken for  linear scratch marks that are large. Scratching actually destroys these burrows. The itch of scabies is insidious and relentless and  is usually worse at night.

We may also consider  other causes such as hives, eczema or dermatitis or other insects such as bedbugs. Over -the-counter antihistamine may be helpful at night. If it persists, it would be best to have this evaluated further for proper diagnosis and management.  

Take care and keep us posted.
Posted in response to a similar thread so may be useful

Have had these very itchy bumps on the upper surface of the foot, ankle and lower calf.   Usually only in the winter months, but the most unusual symptom (along with some of the other posts) is that the itching occurs at night and has woken me on occasions.   Sometimes the scratching will severe and cause surface abrasions.  

Also as biged44 describes, when the bumps stop itching the bumps fade to dark spots.   Whereas I don't know for certain what the cause is I have found a cure.   After washing with soap or after  a bath rub Nappy cream containing zinc oxide all over the area.   You'll find you get some relief on the first night.  Wash and reapply every day for a week and you should be OK.   Then if it recurs do the application of zinc oxide cream straight away and the bout of inching will be minimised.   Post back on this thread if it works please.    

That would make you think it is a fungal infection, but the way it happens at night sounds a little like Demodex mites.
It's scabies.  You need a prescription for Permethrin 5%.

Wash bedding, towels, clothes in hot water.  Take a hot shower every day.