Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash on legs/hairline/chest/upper back
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rash on legs/hairline/chest/upper back

Hello - About a week ago I developed different rashes over lots of my body.  My scalp and hairline/eyebrows/creases behind ears/inside ears developed a sort of red, scaly rash that doesn't particularly itch that I thought might have been seborrheic dermatitis - I have been using a 2% ketoconazole shampoo, plus a cream (same active at 2% also) which didn't do a thing.  Then I tried some OTC hydrocortisone to try and calm the redness and that didn't help either.

At the same time I developed a pimply sort of follicular thing on my chest, upper back and thighs, and to a lesser extent on lower legs/tummy.  They were also not particularly itchy but if I did scratch them the skin on the top came right off and became little scabs.  I didn't do anything to try and treat these.

Then it occurred to me that the whole thing might be a big candida overgrowth, because I also developed a vaginal yeast infection at the same time - and I had consumed a good amount of soft drinks and sugar that week which is not typical for me (I can't think of anything else that changed).  I've been taking lots of probiotics since and have curtailed almost all sugar/white flours from my diet. None of this seems to be clearing up.  Oh and I am not allergic to anything I know of.

Thanks.