Rash on legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on legs

I've had a problem with my legs since about October 2009. I have been having a rash on my legs that look like small pimples or bites..If i pop one it comes out as if it were a black head. But it itches tremendously to the point that I can't sleep! I've gone to the dermatologist several times..and he's done numerous biopsy's on my legs and it come back to NOTHING! I am wondering if maybe it is bed bugs(EWWWW!)? How do I know if it is bed bugs? I also have kids and a husband and no one else seems to have this rash! I need help! this has to get taken care of already!! PLEASE HELP!
  • itching (2 replies):
    my forearms and hands and sometines my legs and tummy ar...[more]
  • rash on my arms and legs (1 replies):
    i have a rash on my arms and legs that iche and bad at n...[more]
  • Itchy bumps (1 replies):
    in the last week i got bumps on my hands and they starte...[more]
  • scabies (1 replies):
    I am a nurse and I was exposed to scabies. I only touche...[more]
  • HELP PLEASE (1 replies):
    Someone please help mee.. I been haveing little red bumb...[more]
From the symptoms the possibilities of scabies needs to be ruled out. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin and this is a contagious condition. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I don't think that it is scabies. I received treatment for scabies and Nothing! I still have the same old rash. Also..if i would have had scabies wouldn't my dermatologist been have been able to tell me that from my previous biopsy's? Just wondering? And does scabies have the symptom to if I pop it it pops as if it were a blackhead??