Rash on my behind

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on my behind

I have a very itchy rash that sometimes when I scratch it it bleeds. I have had it for a very long time. Over a year now and it has not gotten any better. It almost seems that it has gotten worse. When I sleep I must scratch it because I wake up to bloody spots on my shorts. It is isolated to one cheek (left) and seems like it may have spread due to my scratching of it and then scratching my what you would call "bikini area". I now have not as intense of a rash but a fairly good sized red area that constanly itches. My question is, could this be herpes or a form of herpes? And if it is, is it possible to transfer it by my hand? What if I wash myself in the shower and than inadvertanly touch my mouth. Can I get oral herpes then?