Rash on penis head
So about a month ago I went swimming with some friends. After spending a few hours at the beach, upon returning home, I noticed some pain on my penis head. When I looked, there was something that looked like a painful rash on the end - some raised parts and the top half of the head was red. Over the next several days, the pain went away and the rash became small enough I did no longer notice it.

About 2 weeks after that incident, I went to the beach again and the same thing happened. I thought maybe it was my swim shorts or maybe it was the saltwater and sand being abrasive in my shorts. When the rash happened, it was not itchy but was pretty painful the first day or so.

I have also had jock itch for about a year now and I thought maybe it had moved up onto my penis? This rash is quite small now but I can still see it on the top of the head. It is no longer bright red and hasn't been painful for weeks... any idea what it could be or how to fix it?
One of the possibilities for such a rash is of dermatitis skin. The other is of contact dermatitis.  Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used but use them under medical guidance.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.