Dermatology Community
Rash on toddler near private area and inner thighs
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash on toddler near private area and inner thighs

My son, 2, has had a rash for about three weeks on his inner thighs, buttocks and the areas surrounding his penis.  There are little red dots and some have a white head and some do not.  They are spread out and not clustered in certain areas. The skin is not scaly.   I first thought he had a diaper rash and treated it with desitin and when that did not work I used aquaphor.  After about a week I started using lotrimin thinking it could be a yeast infectiton.  I took his to urgent care after about a week and a half regarding another issue and had the doctor look at it.  She stated it did not appear to have the common characterisitcs as yeast but to keep doing what I've been doing.  I have continued to apply lotrimin twice daily, put baby powder on him after each diaper change and have increased time without diaper on to keep the area dryer.  The rash appears to be better in the morning and through out the day the redness comes back to the dots and by night it is back to the same condition as the night before.  It does not appear to cause him pain or itch and he has not had a fever, cold, or any signs of sickness. Please help!