Rash on upper left thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash on upper left thigh

I have a swollen red rash on the upper part of my left thigh where the thigh meets with the scrotum but does not go onto the "ball sack". I smells rotten and it softer than other parts of my skin. I itches and sometimes hurts, i put some fungal anti rash stuff on but it only caused it to itch more. I am worried and i have had no history of sexual activity.
From the symptoms that you have described it sounds like inetrtrigo to me. It occurs due to bacterial,viral or fungal infection. An intertrigo may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like calamine or sudocream are very helpful.Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching you can take some over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers