Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash on upper leg

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rash on upper leg

I have a redness which has developed in the crease between my upper thigh and the scrotum.  It has not itched at all.  It burns a little when I get sweaty in that area.  Is this something that I need to see a doctor about?  Could I transmit it to someone else?  How should I treat it?
Nick.

Probably not.  Probably not.  Hydrocortisone + clotrimazole.

Seriously, this sort of rash is probably chafing rather than fungus (and even fungus ("jock itch") is not catchy.  I'd try a week of combining 1% hydrocortione and 1% clotrimazole (both non-Rx) once a day each.  If you see no results, you can see a doc.  If it goes away and comes back, just repeat the treatment as needed.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I have a a patch redness between my upper thigh and scrotum it itches every once in a while...  Its on both legs..  What are some possible treatments for it?  If it is crabs does that mean I can transmit it through oral sex?  Thank you
A related discussion, rash was started.