Rash or bug bites in the night?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash or bug bites in the night?

Recently I've been waking up to find what looks like mosquito bites on my legs and ankle. They are slightly swollen like bug bites and very itchy.

At first I thought it might be bed bugs, but unlike the usual case of bed bugs, the bites/rashes are not clustered and are localized to just my leg area. I did a check of my bed at night before going to sleep and I couldn't find anything. I also did not smell that sweet smell in my bed that is often associated with bed bugs. The bites/rashes do, however, only appear after a night's sleep.

Is there anything else that might be causing this? It is winter right now so I do have dry skin, but this is the first time I've ever had something like this and I've had dry skin before.