Rash surrounding Belly button
I have what appears to be a circular rash around my belly button, on many occasions it itches, sometimes not. I read that it could be related to hernia's, tape worm or ring worm - any suggestions or methods to determine conclusively

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be discoid eczema ,pityriasis rosea, or psoriasis.

Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing if you have any additional queries.

*hugs* Thank you sooo much!  You're comment roni58 above has helped me as well!

As I, too, have a red circular rash around my belly button.  It does itch and in the last 6 days has reduced its size and redness considerably....

But it is still there. My Hubby had bought me some rash topical medicine so I now use that, along with the occasional hydrogen peroxide and neosporin healing cream...

Other than that I make sure my 'button' is slathered enough so that the product(s) can do their job....other than the peroxide which is a light cleaning layer. ;)

O_O;; Sorry for my randomness and babble! u_u;
But thank you once again for your answer! It really helped me out a whole lot! *gives flowers* <=3

Btw, sorry if I come off as creepy <=\
~Angie W. =3