Rash that looks like bug bites or chicken pox

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have the same rash as others have mentioned.  It looks like chicken pox or a bunch of bug bites all over my torso, chest and bottom.  It itches, but not as bad as hives would and does not hurt.  I had it before and both times, I was breastfeeding a baby.  Does this give the bacteria a way in?  An infectious disease doctor thought it was a bacterial infection and antibiotics and antibacterial Bactroban ointment seemed to clear it up in about 2 wks.  I also had a fever the first few days it appeared - very weird and nobody seems to know exactly what it is.

This discussion is related to Itchy, bumpy rash???.
From your symptoms two possibilities are coming to my mind and they are of impetigo and pityraisis rosea. Impetigo is caused by streptococcus (strep) or staphylococcus (staph) bacteria. A culture of the skin or lesion usually grows the bacteria streptococcus or staphylococcus.

Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.
I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get this possibility evaluated. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.