Rash that moves around the body
I have a rash that is small bumps, but is not hives.From time to time the bumps itch and the generalized area burns. When not itchy the bumps are hardly visible. I used to be a pediatric nurse and am familiar with scabies. It is not a scabies rash and appears more like a dermatitis. We had changed detergents and I had blamed the rash on that. I switched back but the rash continues. It started on my right side, lasted for a few weeks then cleared up. Then it appeared behind my knees and up the backs of my legs a little. After a few weeks it disappeared but it came out on my left side, cleared up and is now on my lower back. I tried cortisone cream but it didn't help. I use an anti-itch cream when the itching/burning is more intense. I am 47 year old female. I have asthma and some drug allergies and have an allergy to shellfish.  I am active, healthy and recently had my annual check up with normal blood chemistry results (including normal cholesterol, thyroid levels, CBC, glucose).

This sounds like an allergic contact dermatitis or an irritant contact dermatitis. At this point, it may not be possible to determine the specific trigger that may be causing this.

Is this a new onset rash? With your prior allergies, do they present similarly this way?

I suggest you seek consult with an allergologist or dermatologist. There is really no definite medical treatment for eczema or dermatitis. Avoiding known triggers like detergents, food, dust, and extreme temperature changes may help.

You may take antihistamines for the itchiness. Topical corticosteroids are the mainstay for controlling eczematous outbreaks. However, as a chronic inflammatory condition this may recur.
Thank you very much for your advice. The shellfish allergy presents  with intense nausea and vomiting and dizziness.  The allergy specialist said it was mild at this point but could get worse if I continued to eat the shellfish. I have allergies to dust, cats and some trees/plants. With drug allergies I have had the usual urticaria. The rash started back in February. Thanks again!