Rash that will not go away

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash that will not go away

I have had this rash on my leg, right below my butt for about a month now that will not go away. It hasn't spread of gotten any worse, but it has not gotten better either. At first I thought it was Poison Ive, but I am highly allergic and it would have spread, nor is it itchy and does not burn under hot water. It looks almost exactly like Poison Ive though. It is red, has small bumps (they are not pus filled), and the skin on and around it is very dry, but not flaking. The dry skin makes it rough but it is mostly flat unless I touch it, then the bumps raise and it slightly burns. I don't have the rash anywhere else on my body and I have never had anything like this before. Any thought on what it might be?
  • bump on my pointer finger (1 replies):
    Hello, I have these bumps that I noticed on my finger ...[more]
  • Spots (1 replies):
    i have a red spot on my hand with tiny bumps around it
  • Rash or What? (1 replies):
    hello doctor, i noticed a big roung red non itchy pat...[more]
  • Rash (1 replies):
    I have a slightly raised rash on several parts of my bod...[more]
  • WEIRD SKIN RASH (2 replies):
    i have a rash on my right arm up close to my elbow but t...[more]
From the symptoms the possibility of granuloma annulare needs to be ruled out. Granuloma annulare is a chronic disease consisting of a rash with reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring. Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed. Please discuss this with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.