Dermatology Expert Forum
Rash under armpits
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rash under armpits

I have a recurring rash under armpits since Sept.2008 I have been using Cortaid Is there anything else I can use and how long does this last?
Tags: armpits
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
You may have eczema, which affects the armpits among other places.  Eczema is an ongoing condition, which comes and goes.  A prescription-strength hydrocortisone would help suppress the symptoms.  Choice of antipersperants tends not to matter.  You'll need to see a doctor in person for definitive diagnosis and proper treatment.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
3 Comments
Blank
I too have experienced a rash under my left armpit a couple of months ago.  My doctor told me it that it was eczema and prescribed me a cordisone cream, which helped instantly.  The thing is that I never really had outbreaks of eczema (to my knowledge) prior to this year.  Is it possible for someone to randomly develop a case of eczema later on in life?

Much appreciated!
Blank
I had the same exact problem for a long time and it turned out it was due to my deodorant.  I had been using the same deordorant for 10 years without problem and then one day I started breaking out to the point that I had to scratch and the rash was actually breaking open.  I saw a commercial for DEGREE CLINICAL PROTECTION FOR MEN (woman in your case).  Two days after I started using this deodorant my rash went away and only came back when I ran out and switched back to my old deodorant.  Just hours after applying the old brand of deodorant the rash was back.  Needless to say I now keep a good stock of the Degree Clinical protection.  I hope this helps you.
Blank
A related discussion, Skin Rash on left arm pit was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker