Rash under bottom lip?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash under bottom lip?

The area below my bottom lip (right above my chin) has been very red and irritated lately. It looks a little like a rash , but I can't really tell. It may be allergies or just dry skin, i really have no idea. I try not to touch it, but it's still red and irritated. It's getting very frustrating, because it's not very attractive. If you have any idea of what it may be, or how I could calm the redness and irritation, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate dermatitis a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.