Rash under the breast...toward the stomach area.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I started with a rash under my right breast over the summer.  It was very itchy and burned.  My doctor told me it was a yeast infection and gave me prescription cream which contains a steroid which seems to calm it down.  However, now I have a rash further down...past where my breast ends more on the belly area but on the right side.  It is very red and sort of bubbled up slightly...but the bubbles are flat (as if they already burst).  It's itchy sometimes...and then its sort of sore.  It's very red.  I tried using the same cream..and it tones it down...but it keeps coming back.  Does this have something to do with my liver?  What is this? I am worried.  Thanks.
From the symptoms intertrigo needs to be ruled out as it is found in the folds of skin. It most commonly occurs due to bacterial,viral or fungal infection. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching please take some over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you Dr.  Bhupinder Kaur.  I appreciate your advice.  If your instructions don't help, I will go to my doctor and have him look at it again!  THANKS!