Rash with peeling dead skin on scrotum 2

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

The original question is closed so I had to start a new topic.

I also have this problem and after almost 15 years of suffering and seeing 8 different doctors I have found that Clobetasol Propionate .05% Cream works well. I know it's a steriod but it helps me. It's also inexpensive. I also use an over the counter med called Boil-Ease that contains 10% Benzocaine. The boil-ease stops the itching and burning.

Hope this helps because most doctors aren't interested in helping with this condition - they just give up. I got the Clobetasol Propionate from an old country doctor before he retired in 2005 - he still made house calls - can you imagine?

This discussion is related to Rash with peeling dead skin on scrotum.
suffering from the same condition for almost five years , I am 29 yrs old, based in India , the rashes develop due to itching (becomes red)and eventually dries out and skin peels off after a day or two, especially during summer.To minimiize the symptom I try to control the urge to itch , avoiding harsh soap/cream and only tap dry the area after bath. I even consulted the doc , he says every thing is fine and its not STI/bac/viral infection and prescribed some normal OTC medication. It happens due to sweating and skin friction in the sensitive area and gets worse if one tends to itch on top of it.  
Calamine works for me. It stops the itch, but the peeling still occurs. But as long as I'm not scratching on it like crazy, this remedy is enough for me. I remember using cortisone creams and anti-fungal creams like clotrimazole and ketaconazole - but none of them works. It was incredibly frustrating, especially because I can't even get a decent sleep at night and it's also hard going out in public - well, you can imagine. I found out about this remedy after reading another's forum post from another site. Well anyways, hope this also works for you guys too.
yes i have had this for about 4 years i am 19 so ya my nuts are done for i am afrde to take my pants off when i sleep with my woman beacse she does not know so what do i tell her lol my nuts are drying out like prunes lol, this is some bad stuff sometimes i scrtatch so bad they bleed at night and hardly cratch during the day only at knight and when i am sleeping i tend to scratch :(
I have found the cure after trying everything....

Triamcilone acetonide.

You can get it OTC in Nasacort nasal spray. Just spray you know where a few times in the evening (when it itched the most fir me). Five days later and everything is gone. Like a miracle.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers