Rash?
On my upper thigh I have a quarter-sized, oval shaped red, dry, flaky spot. I'm not having any abnormal symptoms so I would just want a clue about what it is.
There's a possibility of it being a fungal infection. Other possibility is discoid eczema or contact dermatitis. In discoid eczema there are round or oval red patches of inflamed skin. Regular use of emollients to moisturize the skin, steroid creams to reduce inflammation may be helpful in this condition. If it is a fungal infection topical fungal cream without steroids may help. You should consult a dermatologist before starting any treatment. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
The first possibility for such a rash is dermatitis skin. However do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream or calamine lotion should help. If there is any associated itching then nummular dermatitis or ringworm should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.