Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash

Hello, I have small itchy bumps on the side of my ring finger and in the web part of my fingers between the ring finger and pinky. I also have some on my stomach, arms, and buttocks. My chest is starting to itch too. They seem to be spreding. It's been about 2 weeks now and have an appointment with my dermatologist but not till next week, I don't think I can wait that long. I found some photos online and wondering if it could be scabies? I have a photo if you would like to see. Thank you, Jessi
Scabies, yes but you would have got it from contacts. Are you in a hostel or any family members suffering from itching?
A contact dermatitis with an ID reaction is a differential diagnosis.
No iam not in a hostel. I have been in contact with many people in the last 2 weeks. I don't know what else it could be. I've had hives before so I know it's not that. They look different. I may just go to a doctor later today.
Such a generalized itchy rash which is spreading can be due to a viral rash or due to scabies. But in two weeks time your other family members should have shown the symptoms.
You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use calamine lotion or cream with zinc oxide paste applied directly to wet skin after bathing. Take some antihistaminic lie Benadryl or Claritin for the itching.

If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.