Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rash

Ok guys.
Recently with an encounter with a thorn bush, I recovered from it with a lot of thorns in me. I removed them (only on my arm) and then, perhaps 30 seconds later, multiple small raised red dots appeared. They reach from the bottom of my hand to my elbow. There is one large pimple like one.
So what do I have? Is it just a reaction from the thorns?
It was quite painful at the onset, but isn't anymore.

From the symptoms it looks like an allergic reaction to the thorns or plant.The red dots may have been hives.Take some over the counter antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin.Apply some calamine lotion on the rashes after cleaning the arm with water and pls get a tetanus shot if you didn’t have it in last 3 years or you don’t remember the status of your tetanus immunization.Application of mild steroid cream also helps.Severe cases may need oral steroids.If there is severe pain and fever or redness and warmth then bacterial infection may be suspected.Antibiotics are needed in that case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any other queries.