Rashes + high body temperature

I have atopic dermatite since i was little. And i am very happy as i've always had a light form of it. The rashes appeared usually on the arms and only sometimes in the neck area. I am very carefull with food and things like soap, creams and make-up. Now i am 27 years old and about 2 years ago i had a very strong attack of rashes (that has never happened before) all over my body, they were not like normal red rashes, but swollen instead (rose color) and the skin was elevated and it was more painfull then ichy.. it seemed as if i was burning under my skin..then my eye got swollen, i was shivering from cold (just like when you have fever). Obviously i went to the hospital, they gave me antistaminics and it passed after a while. Then i took all the possible tests in order to find out if i am allergic. And all of them resulted negative.... The worst thing that worries me is that sometimes the problem comes back, even if not so strong as the first time..and i dont have to go to the hospital (and i am not using any of medice..). Maybe its a coincidence, but also some pains in abdomen area appeared (strong pains that usually come during the night). They are not neccesarilly present when i have rashes and skin swollen and high body temperature. I feel very bad about it..not about the fisical pain but more about the rashes that now appear also on my face... aroung my lips and on one cheek.
Few weeks ago i also made a standard blood test. Everything seems ok according to the doc... And yesterday evening and night i suffered again from high body temperature and elevated skin..
Does my condition seem familiar? Can you please indicate some test or some possible reasons...
I would really appreate your help....
Best Regards,
Gerda

This discussion is related to Red rashes around lips.
Hi, My name is Ernesto, I have exactly the same things you have, I even went to the doctor and allergist and the same result as you, so the only thing I NOTICED IS: My body reacts that way when I ate certain foods, hot stuff, artificial colours or artificial flavours, anything with MSG. spices etc, If I eat boiled rice and green beams plus broiled chicken breast all symptoms disappear, the problem is it is really hard to eat that way.
Your symptoms are due to atopic dermatitis only. Diagnosis of skin allergies includes Skin ***** tests (pricking the skin with a needle or pin containing a small amount of the allergen ('***** Testing' or 'Scratch Testing'), Patch tests (by applying a patch to the skin, where the patch contains the allergen.) and RAST.
Just check out if you have undergone these tests. Also keep an account of the different allergens to which you are exposed and try avoiding these allergens. If the symptoms persist then please consult an allergist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.