Dermatology Expert Forum
Rashes in armpits and crotch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rashes in armpits and crotch

I seem to get two types o rashes frequently.  One under my armpits that appears like a red rash then develpos into pimples.  It goes away after four or five days but seems to recurr often.  The second develops at the juncture of my leg and crotch.  If I walk through a mall for a while it seems to get red irritaed and quite painful do to the rubbing. I apply antifungal creams and lotions and it disspaears after a week or so.  This happens so often that the area seems to be permanently discolored. Is there anything I can do to prevent these from happening? Are there more effective treatments?
PR:

The groin rash sounds more like chafing than a fungus, which would go away faster with an antifungal cream and stay away longer.  I'd suggest a medficated powder (your choice of brand) and frequent lubrication with any moisturizer you like.

I'm not sure about the underarms, though that too seems more likely to be chafing than anything else.

Once you get rid of the constant irritation, the discoloration will slowly go away by itself.

Best.

Dr. R
Hi! I used to get these and found out that eating yogurt has helped me. The acidophillus helps internally with controlling fungus. Try eating one a day and make sure that is has the beneficial acidophillus. Yoplait is my fav.
I have a rash on my buttock.  It doesn't itch but I do get tender spots, or bigger more swollen type bumps.  I just started this in the last week or so.  I'm thinking Heat Rash?  Any ideas/
I went to the doctor today with a beet red rash under ONE armpit that is alternately sore and itchy.  I have had it for several weeks and have also had it to a somewhat limited degree in the groin area as you describe.  My dr. took a scraping, looked at it under the microscope and diagnosed "tinea corporis"  and told me to buy Micotin over the counter for it.  Hope it doesn't come back!  It's very uncomfortable.
A related discussion, Itching Armpits was started.
A related discussion, fungus or rush ander armpit and groing was started.
My armpits are really red and itchy,specially my left one I think it started off when I rubbed some lemon on m. I've stopped but it only seems to get worse. Please idk what I should do or apply?