Dermatology Expert Forum
Rashes near leg joints
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rashes near leg joints

Problem : I have rashes/itches on my joining point of my legs(on the upper inside part of my thighs besides my groin). It has been 2 years now. I have been using the cream "Quadriderm" for 1.5 years but its effect lasts only 2-3 days.It is really painful and I have a burning sensation. I am tempted to scratch it. Somtimes I scratch it so hard that my skin peels off and then it really burns. I havn't consulted anybody since I feel a bit shy. It would be great if you could help me as soon as possible as I am desperate to get rid of it.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Pramod:

You may have a chafing rash which comes from the fraction of skin rubbing against skin, or perhaps there might be an element of fungus (" jockey itch").  Your first approach might be to apply one percent hydrocortisone every morning and terbinafine cream at night (both are over-the-counter), along with regular application of a moisturizer such as ordinary hand cream.  Try your best not to scratch.  If the medicated creams cause burning a little bit at first, persevere for two weeks anyway.

If that doesn't clear you up, please see a doctor.  You have nothing to be embarrassed about!

Good luck.

Dr. R
3 Comments
Blank
I have been to the Doctor for this same fungus "jock itch". this is the first time I had it start behind the knee, almost clear up then start in the groin. The doctor put me on an oral medication plus the over the counter clotrimazole cream. My problem now is that the blistering and subsequent drain of fluid has rendered the scrotum and groin area to raw flesh. The pain is excruiciating! What can I do? I can't walk or allow clothing to touch it. The whole area looks like a third digree burm. What can I do and fast?
Blank
242489_tn?1210500813
Soak in a warm tub.  Apply nothing more than bland moisturizer.  See your doc.  

best.

Dr. R
Blank
A related discussion, Rashes in the joints was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Jockey itch was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity