Dermatology Expert Forum
Rashes on Arms, foot,

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Rashes on Arms, foot,

I am writing for my wife.  She is a 24 years old and has been in good health until this rash which happened a few days ago.  

My wife some rash on her foot, and arms on the underside of her arms so far, and she has one misquito looking rash on her face.  They look like misquito bites.  4 on her left arms underside a couple on her right arm and a few small ones on her foot and leg below the knee, and one near her temple.  They are still there, but just a little bit red now.  It hasn't gotten worse, but still there.

This happened about 4 days ago and she says its itching.  I took her to the doctor yesterday, and her primary care doctor didn't know and took 3 vials of blood from my wife for testing.  Her primary care doctor is has background in infectious diseases.  Her primary care doctor said she would refer her to a dermatologist if she coundn't figure out what was wrong.  We have to call the doctor tommorow for results.

My wife thinks this started maybe after a shower, but not sure.  She has never had these types of rashes before. A few days ago, she was cleaning a sofa and these was mold and mildew underneath the sofa where she was cleaning.  I don't know if this is possibly related to her problem.  The other thing is the place we are living in has been very humid and hot recently, and we are planning to move to a new apartment.

I have had rashes before  , but not as severe what she is  having so far.  I had gone for a blood test a few months ago and my doctor told me my tests were ok.

I am worried for her.  Can  you give us advice?

Thank you,

Possibly a heat rash, or perhaps a virus of some sort.  Does not sound at all serious.  If the tests are normal--as I expect they will be--waiting a week followed by seeing a dermatologist if the rash is still there would be my suggestion.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I have this rash on my armpit. It happend after i shaved my armpits and then realised i was out of deoderant. I had to go to work so i quickly threw on my boyfriends. It was a new container so it couldnt have been anything from him. But it started getting really itchy the next day so i put polysporine on it. And a un-scented lotion. Its been 2 weeks and it is still here. It itches and hurts like heck. Im going to make an appointment to see the doctor but i was wondering if i really needed to.. or if anyone has had the same thing?
thanks