Rashes on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rashes on Penis

For the past few months I've been getting this strange rash on my penis. A red rash, somewhere around where the foreskin begins, will show up and things will be very sore and tender down there.
It happens to look very much like this picture:
http://www.whathealth.com/genitalherpes/images/male-photo.jpg
The thing is, both me and my girlfriend have tested negative for genital herpes and all major STDs. What else could this thing be? It will show up at random, dwell four or five days, and then disappear, bringing me a lot of pain in the process. I am doing nothing differently in my life and my living routine than in years past, so I don't think it could be environmental. Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
If the STD panel test has come out normal for herpes, it is unlikely to be due to herpes. However other STD’s like syphilis and LGV (lymphogranuloma venereum) also need to be ruled out. It can be due to an abscess skin or a small boil which can also present as painful swelling on the penis.

Apply warm compresses and some topical antibiotics like Bactroban or Neosporin. Also wear cotton clothes and consult a dermatologist for the confirmation of diagnosis. If it is a boil, then you may need oral antibiotics as well.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for your quick response last time, doctor Kaur.

I was wondering if you could take a look at a photo I took and visually diagnose it as the Herpes virus?

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l595/keelan111/photo.jpg

I don't know what this is, but it keeps coming back and it's beginning to worry me. Every time I consider whether or not I am going to consummate a relationship with a woman, I tense up, realizing that I may well be giving her a life altering disease, and never call her again. All of the clinics in my town tell me that they can't really tell me what I have. They say that not even the Herpes tests they give are truly conclusive and definitive.
Any help you can offer would be very appreciated.

Thank you for your time
Unfortunately the link could not be opened but if you are suspecting it to be genital herpes then Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA can be done. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it ruled out.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.