Rashes on palms
Dear Dr,

I have developed a rash on my both palms and some parts of the body like the under arm and abit of the stomch. On the palms they are hard and itchy and they and are clustered together, and if i scratch against something hard, they get painful. The skin can get very dry and uncomfortable and it peels off as well. Please help
Without examination,I cannot confirm a diagnosis but it can be eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide). Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.