Rashes on skin - is it due to hot water shower?
I am staying in Chicago and its freezing cold here. I am taking bath in hot water and I can feel that the skin where the hot water from shower gets sprayed starts developing some rashes(red colored like wounds that are getting healed). Is it normal? Would like to know from people who are permanently staying in cold places in the USA.
These can be due to hot urticaria. Use warm water instead of very hot water and apply good moisturizers after bathing and drying the skin. It can also be due to superficial scalds on the skin if you are using hot water.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I could see that  have just got paranoid over the rashes; they were actually due to very hot shower and they stopped once I reduced the duration of my hot shower bath. Applying body moisturzing lotions(or just plain coconut oil ) also helped.

THanks for your help.