Dermatology Community
Rashes on the skin from the sun.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rashes on the skin from the sun.

Hi everyone!  

Ever since I was little, I've gotten a rash (usually on my chest) after sun exposure.  Whether I am in the sun for a minute or for 30, the rash always appears.  It is itchy, red bumps appear, and starts to burn very quickly.  I put sunscreen on every time I go out, and reapply 3 times (if say I was outside for 30 minutes, I would apply 3 times).  I have fair skin that does not tan, if I get colour I burn.  When I get the rash it lasts from one day to usually about 3.  I have been noticing the rash worsening, and it has spread to areas such as my legs and my back.  When I looked closely between the bumps, I saw what looks like little red veins surfacing only in the areas that had the bumps, and only in the areas that were being directly exposed to the sun at that very moment.  These are very painful.  I have tried different sunscreens to see if that was the problem; as well as different fabrics and detergents.  I try to refrain from itching this rish, as it usually leaves scars once it does fade a bit.  I do not take any medications that make sun exposure an issue.  When in the sun, I literally feel my skin burning from the inside out, even if I've only been in the sun for just a few seconds or minutes.  I've tried creams to calm the burning and itching, I've also tried aloe with lidocaine.  Nothing works, it only makes it burn worse.  I am very worried about what is going on, I am only 16 and it's taken a toll on me.  I can't go to beaches, if I do I suffer so greatly I could cry about it.  If anyone can help me at all, or help me find someone who can help please reply or message me.  My email is ***@****.  I greatly appreciate everything.