Dermatology Expert Forum
Rashes on thighs, bumps on scrotum and thighs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I have small rashes on the inside of my thighs and also under my pubic hair close to my penis somewhat where the thighs would hit that area when i'm sleeping for instance. These rashes on my thighs are about half an inch in each direction. They are most visible after working out or take a shower. When they are not as red they look like spots of dry skin. When they are red the redness stops immediately and not gradual on the outides of the rash somewhat like they were drawn on with lipstick or something. I've noticed itchyness on the insides of my thighs from this area to my knees and see other rashes sometimes. These rashes have been there for a few months.. I posted the following back in october. the previous symptoms are not as bad as before but i do notice pimple looking things usually in one place or another.. usually one on my thigh and another on my scrotum that matches up with where the thigh may tough. Please let me know what you think and if you think it may be contagious. I don't want to go near any ladies with this i'm scared i'll spread something. Thanks

Post back in october:
Forum: The Dermatology Forum
Topic: Skin Growths
Subject: Bumps on scrotum

Hi. I have 4 bumps on my scrotum, one on the side of one testicle (my left) and three on the other(my right). They are about the size of a pimple. They've been there for about 4-6 weeks. I had a couple of whitehead looking ones on my left thigh near my srotum and another about 1/4" to the left of my penis but scratched them off which lead to minor bleeding. I had similar ones above the shaft a couple months ago and scratched them off as well.. looked like little warts. I was tested for STD's a little over 2 months ago and was told I have herpes simplex 1. I've had unprotected sex since then and wondering if I also have simplex 2 or what these are. 3 of them look like tiny whiteheads when my scrotum is hard and one red and shiny like a scar.. they are all skin color when my scrotum is hanging soft. The area is often itchy but never painful. On my left thigh there is about 8 small red marks that are not very noticible. What does this sound like to you? Thank you

jay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply by Derm-M.D.-ASR on 10/15/2004

This sounds like cysts, not herpes. The type 1 herpes titers are not meaningful. If they didn't do type 2 titers, you have no blood information one way or another. However, as I said, the skin changes don't sound suspicious. Please leave them alone so they can be examined, and let a doctor take a look, so you'll know.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Your symptoms sound like irritation, chafing, and perhaps some folliculitis.  All these are common in the groin.  None of them is an STD.  I again suggest that you see a doctor in person and get whatever it takes in the way of reassurance so you won't have to put your social life on hold.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff