Rashy red area on face - any ideas?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rashy red area on face - any ideas?

For a few years now I've had a red area on the right side of my face, next to my nose.  Since I've noticed it it's stayed about the same size, though there's a little spot on the left side of my face that I'm worried might become the same thing.  

The skin texture is rough on this spot, pores bigger than the rest of my face.  Doesn't itch, per se, but sometimes it feels tingly.  I've tried moisturizing extra, and putting some acne gel stuff on it (not at the same time!), and neither seems to make a difference.  I'm not acne prone, and my skin is otherwise good (contact dermatitis to most metal), and this area of my face doesn't get exposed to anything different than the rest of me.  

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?  I'm going to the doctor in a month or two, but I'd like to be educated about what I'm talking about so I don't get the brush-off.
Oops, forgot, I have a picture of the area:

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/7593/s4010141ng2.jpg

I think I have whatever you have and it has been baffling me as well. Did you ever get any guidance on your case?

Thanks So Much,
Name 2284
What you have resembles Roscea. It is a common but little-known disorder of the facial skin that affects an estimated 14 million Americans -- and most of them don't know it. It has a red-faced, acne-like effects.

http://www.rosacea.org/patients/faces.php

based on the image you have given, this may be what you have...but I'm not sure
I'm sure you probably already know this, but you should see a dermatologist